Okay, so I have been lying to ya’ll – last week I was posting from Florida! I know, I know I am a terrible human being. However, this time around in Florida I was not soaking up the rays & drinking at a bachelorette party…not even close. I was soaking up baby love & drinking aloe water (weird, but true).
One of my besties just had a baby boy (shout out to Walker!) & I wanted to take in some chill time with momma & baby boy. While I was down there we whipped up some tasty dishes, a few were stored in their freezer for later dinners but mostly all were consumed by us :). I made a batch of my coconut macaroons, she made a quinoa breakfast (post to come tomorrow) & this – salmon patties with dill sauce! Honestly, this recipe had me at dill – I love dill! It actually reminds me of my Grandma ❤
Enough about my life & on to the main event…
- Preheat oven to 375degrees, set 1lb salmon on lined baking sheet, bake til flakey (~15minutes) & let cool
- In a skillet add 1T EVOO, 1 chopped yellow onion & 1 stalk of chopped celery – cook until softened then add 2T fresh diced parsley & remove from heat
- Once salmon is cool place it in a large bowl (remove skin & any bones) & flake apart with fork
- Add in 1/2C bread crumbs, 1 egg, 1 egg white, 2T dijon mustard & 1/2t salt and pepper – mix well & form into 6 patties
- Heat on stove top til each side is golden brown
Now make sure to leave time for the best part of this dish, well I think its the key player in this game – the dill sauce!
- Grab a small bowl & combine: 1/2C vegenaise, 2T heaping fresh dill, 1T fresh lemon juice, 1t minced garlic, 1/2t pepper & 1/4t salt – chill
To serve, I decided to place the salmon patties on top of a beautiful heirloom tomato that I snagged up at the SOWA market (this place is amazing) here in Boston on Sunday. Then I topped it off with a large dollop of my dill sauce! Hope you enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Patty (Makes 6): 180 calories – 9 grams of fat & carbs – 15 grams of protein Nutritional Info Per Serving for Dill Sauce (Serves 6): 30 calories – 2 grams of fat & carbs – 1.5 protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…