Nothing is better than summer grilling. So when my hub found a recipe to grill a dessert pizza, I was intrigued & definitely up for the challenge! Grill a pizza….sounds weird right? That was my family’s reaction too! A good friend had us over for dinner and introduced me to the beauty of throwing pizza dough on the grill and now I’m hooked!
Start with the prep work…
- Turn grill to medium heat
- Mix together 1T ground cinnamon & 1T stevia – set aside
- Melt 3T Earth balance butter original spread – set aside
- Slice up 1-2 large bananas – set aside
- Either make dough (recipe here) or buy prepared dough from your local grocery store
- Knead the dough & roll out (our grill is more rectangle so we opted for not the typical circle pizza)
Now on to the grill…
- Spray grill with cooking oil, place rolled out dough directly on the grill for 2-3minutes (until it starts to get crispy and golden brown), flip & grill other side for 2-3minutes (again until crispy and golden brown)
- Once both sides are golden, pick a top-side – brush on melted butter, sprinkle on sugar/cinnamon mix, add the sliced bananas & drizzle on honey
- Close the grill & cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
Serve warm & top with a scoop of coconut ice-cream!
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…