Mexican Popcorn


Ariba Ariba!  This popcorn is perfectly spiced & a great treat to munch on for a Sunday movie night! Oddly enough the movie of choice tonight is Butter! Popcorn with no butter, movie about butter…ah the irony!

  1. In a side bowl combine: 1t cumin, a 1/2t each of chili powder, oregano & cayenne then add in 1/4t each of garlic powder, onion powder & salt – mix
  2. Pop one bag of plain popcorn (unsalted/unbuttered/original) – pour in large bowl
  3. Spray popcorn with olive oil cooking spray & pour over half of the spice mix – toss!
  4. Repeat step #3 & finish off the spices

Keep on tossing & serve with wedges of lime!

Nutritional Serving Per Cup (Serves 4): 100 calories – 1 gram of fat – 19 carbs – 3 grams of protein

P.S. if you haven’t seen the movie Butter, you need to. It’s hilarious, has a star-studded cast & really is a must see!

Oscar Madness- nylon & mud, oh my!

I wanted to get a little red carpet ready before the Oscars – so why not try out a few hot trends in beauty & put them to the test!  I popped my popcorn, poured a glass of champagne & let the magic happen.

Too Faced, Better than False Lashes Nylon Extension System


Saw this product on the Today show not to long ago & I was beyond excited to try this baby out! First off,  ANY girl wants to add some volume to their lashes – okay so maybe not all,the 1% of women that have the lashes we would die for, but the other 99% want some pump-  so I was crossing my fingers for it to work!

Started with clean lashes, not an ounce of day old mascara on them & curled them

Step 1:  Used the primer, easy enough..

Step 2: Add nylon to lashes, made sure to cover all the lashes – fuzzy lil nuggets started getting in my eyes, not a good sign!

Step 3: Finish off with the same primer – closed off the nylons & it was beginning to look good..

My initial reaction – not impressed. I wanted volume & a noticeable difference for my friends to be complementing me on. But no go.  Watching the Oscars these puppies..aka nylons… were still getting in my eyes & clumping up.

Overall. No go & don’t recommend. Bummer I know.


GlamGlow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment


Now this GlamGlow was a Pinterest find – so I was all over it. Smoothed a thin layer all over a freshly cleaned face (besides the clumps of lashes) and let this mud work its magic. Kept it on for roughly 20minutes & actually saw the treatment working – the mask started to reveal dots of vacuum extraction & absorption of oils, toxins & bacteria- my husband was in shock to see the mask working right then!

The mask was very easy to wash off unlike some other skin felt very tight right after but heck, I noticed a difference right away! Will be using this all the time & highly recommend!

ps…who do you think has the HOT & NOT look of the oscars 2013? Read on & find out my picks for the night

Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: