The perfect touches make every event special and we had a flawless team that executed our dream wedding…
The Boat Basin is a treasure in New York City – direct view of the Hudson River, so very close to central park & has just the right vibe for a hot summer day! Jon (my hub) & I always get on our bikes over the summer – we do the trek from the East River bike path all the way down to the Seaport, through Battery Park and up the West Side path to The Boat Basin on 79th…yes it is long…roughly 10 miles each way! But let me tell you – when you arrive at The Boat Basin you are rewarded with a cold beer, killer tunes and some much needed grub. Clearly all of these reasons helped us pick this for our rehearsal dinner spot! Plus my family is from a town on the water in PA- so we wanted to showcase the Hudson River, boats & BBQ grub!
Anywho..here are a few details that went into our rehearsal dinner:
Only one word can describe the entire weekend – BLISS. Two words – PURE BLISS.
Jon & I really wanted to showcase the NYC that we know to all our family & friends…so here is a quick breakdown of each day & our top picks of NYC!
- Tuesday my mom & sister arrived – dinner at our fave spot Penelope…
- Wednesday Jon had to work (bummer) and his folks were arriving later in the day so I planned a spa day for us girls – Great Jones Spa. If you have never been make sure to put this on your NYC ‘to do’ list. Major relaxation was needed & that was exactly what we got! After a calming afternoon we headed to Dizzy’s Jazz Club and met up with Jon & his folks for a rockin’ show – Jon & I even got a shout out by the performers! For a night cap we walked to the Hudson Hotel Terrace for a dazzling view of the NYC skyline.
- Thursday was the real beginning (no turning back then!) ALL our immediate fam was finally in town! West village family dinner was a must so we picked the best place – Des Santos. Wonderful food, flowing drinks & the best company…a real quality night.
- Friday was REHEARSAL DINNER DAY, yippie!!! Hotel gift bags were being handed out, friends were trickling in & flowers being delivered (bulk flowers for rehearsal dinner from 50flowers – AMAZE) Anywho – passed off all our handmade decor to our day of Loli Events and took our time getting to the rehearsal dinner at The Boat Basin NYC. This place is a sight to see and always has Jon & I coming back every summer weekend- right on the Hudson River, BBQ & a chill vibe.
- Saturday… WEDDING DAY…Let the games begin!! Jon & I wanted to start our morning off right so we got some fam & friends together for morning hot yoga at the best studio in the city – Moksha Yoga NYC. After decompressing Jon sped off to our apt for ‘boys’ lunch & hangout time..I checked in to the Gansevoort Park Ave and guests kept piling in- moms, friends, sisters, babies & hair/makeup arrived within minutes and the day began…
- Sunday we definitally required a hangover brunch – and boy did Jon & I plan one..at our APT! Every guest was encouraged to stop on by for bagels (provided by Vic’s Bagel Bar), mimosa’s and tylenol! The party slowly ended but not for us – as a thank you to our folks for the wonderful weekend we planned a broadway show.. Rock of Ages! The night quickly turned into hot flashes for both Jon & I that we actually had to leave the show for a bit – to much day drinkin, yikes!
Hope you enjoyed the breakdown of our wedding…next post will be the specific events with pics!