I was planning on roasting this cauliflower & making a kale cauli salad for dinner one night this week. However, my mood changed & I was craving a pizza! What to do when it is cold out & no dough in the fridge – use cauliflower, why not! I have seen this recipe lingering around on Pinterest so I decided to give it a whirl.
Lets get to it…
- Preheat oven to 450degrees & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 1/2C parmesan cheese, 2T almond meal, 1 egg, 1/2t dried basil, 1/2t dried oregano, 1/2t garlic powder, 1/4t salt & a pinch of chili flakes – set aside
- Wash/dry a head of cauliflower, cut off florets & place in food processor – pulse until you get a snow-like cauliflower blend
- Place cauliflower in a bowl & set in microwave for 4minutes
- Remove cauliflower, place on a tea towel & let cool – once you are able to handle, wrap it up & wring it out (in the tea towel) til you get all the water out possible (the more water out, the crunchier the crust)
- Add cauliflower to mixture bowl & use your hands to mix
- Grab the prepared cookie sheet & spread dough (tight, firm & thin crust for us)
- Place in oven for 10minutes or until golden
- Remove crust from oven, add your toppings of choice & stick it back in the oven for 5-7minutes
I decided to top our pie with mushroom marinara, thinly sliced tomatoes, red onion, seitan italian sausage crumbles & parmesan cheese – but use anything your lil’ heart desires!
The hub & I loved this crust – it sure wasn’t a typical dough you get from a pizza pie but it was super healthy/light and definitaly Y.U.M.M.Y!
Nutritional Info Per Slice without Toppings (Serves 6 Slices): 100 calories – 4 grams of fat – 9.5 carbs – 8 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…