Hellooo meatless Monday – this meal is A MUST! I am for real making this for my friends who LOVE cheese/HATE tofu – cause this will trick them (insert evil laugh here)!!!
But for real. This meal had a few simple steps, was easy to assemble & only took 30minutes to bake in the oven. So get to it!
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & fill pot with water/let boil
- Once boiling add 20 jumbo pasta shells & salt – boil for 9 minutes, then drain – set aside
- Defrost 10oz frozen spinach pouch & drain Lite Firm Nasoya tofu – pat dry with paper towel
- Crumble tofu in food processor & mix in: 2T EVOO, 1.5t salt, 1t oregano, 1T nutritional yeast, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2C fresh basil & defrosted spinach
- In a bowl combine crushed San Marzano tomatoes, 2 cloves minced garlic & 1t of oregano, basil & parsley
- Grab baking dish & cover bottom with half of your marinara – fill shells with tofu mixture (~2T each) & place open side face down
- Pour remaining marinara over filled pan
- Cover with aluminum foil & bake for 30minutes
Served with a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette & toasted french bread – YUM!
If you want the original recipe click here.Nutritional Info Per Shell (Makes 20 shells): 76 calories – 2 grams of fat – 11 carbs – 4.5 grams of protein