I’m back after a week away to celebrate two lovely ladies (+1 baby boy)! I was able to hang with dear friends & make new friends! Overall it was a stellar time – from a pink hummer limo to a vaccination seminar (yes, I conquered both activities on this trip)!
Anywho…I came back from the sunshine state to a burst of colder weather in Boston. Not going to lie, I welcomed it (is that wrong?)! The cold & rainy weather inspired me to whip up a warm soup with a little bit of spice & alot of veggies! Movie night anyone?
Lets get to it…
- Grab a large pot, add in 1T EVOO & 1 diced small onion – sauté til translucent
- Once translucent add 3 cloves minced garlic & 1T minced ginger – sauté for 1minute
- In the same pot combine: 3/4C basmati rice, 6C veggie broth & 1t salt – bring to boil
- While waiting to boil peel & cut 1 large sweet potato and tear 1 head of purple kale into bite size pieces – set aside
- Once boiling, lower heat to simmer & stir in: 2-3T red curry paste (depends how much spice you want, I added 3T), sweet potato & purple kale – cook for 15minutes or til potato is tender
- Remove from heat & stir in 1 can coconut lite, 1T agave syrup & juice of 1 lime
Serve hot & top with a swirl of Sriracha sauce to add more spice!!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 325 calories – 9 grams of fat – 52 carbs – 5 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…