I made these baked donuts for my hub to take to the office for all to snack on. Don’t fret, I of course munched on one to make sure they were up to par before sending him off with them – and omg amazing, these babies were delicious!
And really, you can have these as your breakfast or as a treat for dessert, enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & grease your donut pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large bowl mix 2C GF all purpose flour, 2/3C coconut sugar, 1T baking powder, 1.5t cinnamon, 1/2t ground nutmeg, 1/4t all spice & 1/4t salt
- In a side bowl mix 5T melted/cooled butter, 2 eggs, 1C vanilla almond milk & 2t vanilla extract – beat together
- Combine the wet bowl into the dry mixture & stir til fully combined – fold in 1.5C shredded carrots
- Transfer the batter into a Ziploc baggie & cut a small portion off one of the tips
- Pipe the batter into the pre-greased donut pan & bake for 10-12minutes
- Remove & let cool on a wire rack
- While donuts are cooling, mix together 8oz of cream cheese, 4T butter, 1C powdered sugar & 1t vanilla extract – whisk until it become fluffy & combined
Top donuts with the icing & chopped walnuts (or carrots)!Nutritional Info Per Serving w Icing (Makes 18): 220 calories – 9.5 grams of fat – 32 carbs – 2.5 grans of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…