It has been an interesting weekend to say the least – hub was away on a bachelor party in Reykjavik, Iceland and I was looking to get into something to kick off the warmer weather heading our way (today is supposed to be close to 70)! I decided a 3-day cleanse was fitting. The hub & friends wreaking havoc on the town & their bodies, while I spruced myself up! Harsh, but the truth ;).
Anywho. In NYC we have a wide variety of cleanses to choose from. A friend of mine suggested Organic Avenue – so I went ahead & signed up! I could either get a mix of the daily juices handpicked by their staff delivered to my doorstop every morning (I love the convenience of NYC) or pick it up at a nearby location – I chose the latter so I could speak with the worker & pick out my own options for each day (I am one particular lady!).
This is an example of what one of my days consisted of:
- Lemon Shot – 100% lemon
- Splendid Sweet Green – pear, orange, cucumber, swiss chard, collard greens, kale, lemon & mint
- Avocado Tomato Basil Soup – purified alkaline water, avocado, lime juice, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, basil, garlic, himalayan salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper
- Green LOVE – kale, celery, romaine cucumber, swiss chard, spinach, collard greens, pear, lemon & parsley
- Caring Carrot – 100% carrot juice
- Creative Cashew Hemp Mylk – purified alkaline water, dates, irish miss, cashews, hemp seeds & himalayan salt
- Big Kale Salad – kale, arugula, celery, hemp seeds, sun-dried olives, raisins & carrots with their lemon herb vinaigrette (alkaline water, EVOO, lemon juice, dates, garlic, scallions, savory, thyme, himalayan salt, green onions & cayenne pepper)
I am sure the above list shocks you a bit – but I wanted to rejuvenate my body before the summer comes! Day 1 I felt weary of the outcome, but by day 3 I was feeling amazing! Clean body equals a clean mind & spirit. This was just what the doctor ordered! If you want to read more FAQs about the cleanse click here.
Continue reading if you want to hear the details of cost & the day to day of my cleanse…