This past weekend we went out to a great spot (Local 149) with some friends for a quick bite to eat. The spot was super cute & the menu had just what I was looking for, a pre-Thanksgiving turkey meal! I almost licked my dish clean it was so yummy & I had to hold my hub back from wanting to do the same thing!
So with that meal still lingering in my head, I decided to make a turkey day meatloaf! One thing I can say I regret about this dish is not making a gravy to go with it – that would be next level tasty!
Anywho, lets get to this mouth watering turkey day meatloaf…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & grease a loaf pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2T ketchup & 1T honey – set aside
- In a larger bowl mix together 2lbs ground turkey, 2 eggs, 1 chopped yellow onion, 2 diced celery stalks, 1 granny smith apple finely chopped/cored, 3/4C bread crumbs, 1/4C dried cranberries, 1/4C almond milk, 1/8C oats, 1T EVOO, 1 minced garlic clove, 1t salt & 1/2t pepper – mix thoroughly
- Spread the turkey mixture into the pre-greased pan & brush top with the ketchup/honey
- Bake for 45-60minutes, remove & let cool for 10minutes
I paired this dish with steamed sweet potatoes. Hope you enjoy, because I sure did!
Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 10): 200 calories – 8 grams of fat – 13 carbs – 19 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…