Our last minute movie decisions on Saturday night led to making this dish. With nothing in the fridge & only an hour before seeing ‘Rush’ I decided to put together something with what we had. Oddly enough, whenever I am in a crunch to make dinner, breakfast seems to happen! Needless to say, it was tasty like usual & it turned out to be an interesting dish!
Lets get to it…
- Press & dry your tofu (I just lay the tofu on a plate with a few paper towels underneath, cover with paper towels & top off with a heavy plate – do this for about 15minutes)
- Chop 1 onion & sauté with 1t vegan butter til edges are browned
- Then crumble the pressed tofu into the same pan
- Add 3t Braggs amino acid & 1t turmeric to the pan- stir & let liquid get absorbed (lower heat if needed)
- Fold in 1C chopped kale & 1/4C nutritional yeast – stir (if you want to add S/P I would do so now)
Remove from heat & let cool.
Continue reading for tempeh bacon recipe, nutritional info, the ingredient list & original recipe… Continue reading